After a night of debauchery, it was time to bake peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Around 11 p.m. last night, my friend Mike (aka Skeeter) suggested we bake. Bake??? Yes, bake. "What should we bake?" I asked. Chocolate chip cookies was the reply. The problem: there was no brown sugar at Skeeter's house. The solution: peanut butter. On a side note, peanut butter is the solution in a lot of problem situations (including emotional meltdowns--it always helps).
Here is how it happened:
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 3/4 Sticks of Butter
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 BAG of Tiny Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
|Dennis licking the peanut butter spoon. He also got into some flour .|
2. Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt in a medium bowl. Make sure to "sift" the Flour. Skeeter was baffled by this concept. Basically, just spoon the flour into the cup lightly to allow for some air to get in there. Level off and dump in the bowl.
|Me and Dennis (Skeeter's Cat) putting the baking soda in.|
|I <3 Boys in the Kitchen|
5. Stir in the Chocolate Chips. This was my first time using baby chips and will not be the last. They were perfect for this cookie.
6. Bake on the center rack for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven when they are browning.
7. Enjoy with some milk. They might taste better if you play some Zelda too.
|Special Thanks to Dennis and Skeeter for |
the use of their home in this baking endeavor.