- Pillsbury 2 crusts in a box! (Again, we are talking LIMITED resources people. For my pie crust recipe, see my strawberry pie post.)
- 6 to 7 ripe peaches
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey (Any flavor you want! I like clover or buckwheat)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut peaches into slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute peaches in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 1/2 cup of sugar over medium to low heat. Make sure not to burn them! Cook until the peaches are not firm anymore, but also not soggy (about 15 minutes). The point is, you want them to melt in your mouth when you eat the pie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the peaches over low heat. Stir in and mix well.
- Remove peaches from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to the peaches and mix in completely. Add 1 tablespoon water if the mixture becomes to thick.
- Remove pie crust from wrapper, place one on the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Add the peach mixture on top of the pie crust.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of honey over the mixture.
- Cut up the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and distribute evenly over the pie filling.
- Remove the 2nd pie crust from the wrapper, and place over top of the peaches. Seal the sides by pushing the two crusts together by the rim.
- Make slits in the top of the pie for air to go in and out.
- Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes. The edges should be browning and the juices bubbling when you take it out of the oven.
- Let cool, preferably by a window seal for the classy, home-warming factor.
- Serve while still warm with a scoop (or two) of Wild Blueberry Sorbet (it really goes amazing with the pie).