Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Honey Peach Pie served w/ Wild Blueberry Sorbet

Working two jobs this summer (total of 60 hours per week) and living with a guy temporarily who, in a word, is a minimalist, has made it very difficult to find the time and resources to update my blog.  However!  My cousin Rachel came to visit me in Brooklyn this weekend and we decided to host a little dinner party on Sunday night for our friends Leslie, Charlie, Django, and Joe. Special thanks to Leslie and Charlie for bringing a delicious red wine with them!  Rachel and I served fettuccine alfredo with scallops, parsley, garlic and a little salt and pepper.  We also made a nice and simple salad and a fresh baguette from the bakery.  For dessert, Honey Peach Pie served with Wild Blueberry Sorbet from Ciao Bella.  This is a really simple recipe, you should try it!

INGREDIENTS

The Crust:
  • Pillsbury 2 crusts in a box! (Again, we are talking LIMITED resources people. For my pie crust recipe, see my strawberry pie post.)

The Filling:
  • 6 to 7 ripe peaches
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons honey (Any flavor you want! I like clover or buckwheat)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tablespoon water 

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cut peaches into slices.  
  2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  
  3. Saute peaches in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 1/2 cup of sugar over medium to low heat.  Make sure not to burn them!  Cook until the peaches are not firm anymore, but also not soggy (about 15 minutes).  The point is, you want them to melt in your mouth when you eat the pie.   
  4. Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the peaches over low heat.  Stir in and mix well. 
  5. Remove peaches from heat.
  6. Add 1/4 cup flour to the peaches and mix in completely.  Add 1 tablespoon water if the mixture becomes to thick.   
  7. Remove pie crust from wrapper, place one on the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.  
  8. Add the peach mixture on top of the pie crust.  
  9. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of honey over the mixture.   
  10. Cut up the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and distribute evenly over the pie filling. 
  11. Remove the 2nd pie crust from the wrapper, and place over top of the peaches. Seal the sides by pushing the two crusts together by the rim.  
  12. Make slits in the top of the pie for air to go in and out.  
  13. Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes. The edges should be browning and the juices bubbling when you take it out of the oven. 
  14. Let cool, preferably by a window seal for the classy, home-warming factor.  
  15. Serve while still warm with a scoop (or two) of Wild Blueberry Sorbet (it really goes amazing with the pie).
  16. Enjoy!





REBEL BAKER NOTE:  thanks to all my new followers for your interest in my blog!  I blog because I love to bake and share my recipes with you.  As always, suggestions are welcomed!  I'm always looking for new recipes, especially unique ones!

1 comment:

  1. That looks superbly delicious! I wonder what my roommates would think if I made something like this one day..

    ReplyDelete